Parents Connect services are available to any parent or individual acting in a parental capacity, whether in an ongoing relationship OR separated from your partner who:
- is expecting a baby or whose partner is expecting a baby
- has given birth or whose partner has given birth within the last 2 years
- has a child or children between 2-18yrs
- may or may not have experienced trauma as a child or young person
or any mother or father who may be experiencing:
- difficulties with bonding and attachment with a new baby or infant
- perinatal mental ill health, including antenatal/postnatal depression or anxiety, birth trauma or birth related PTSD
- difficulties in engaging with teenage or young people in the family
- emotional distress that is linked to a significant change in life circumstances
Counselling is on an individual basis or may be available for mother & babies. Access to our group service is available for partners or spouses. We welcome referrals from parents who are active or ex-service men/women or parents who are leaving prison.
HOW TO GET AN APPOINTMENT
You can self-refer by contacting us directly here or ask to be referred by your midwife, health visitor, GP, social worker. If you are leaving prison, referrals must be made by your throughcare officer or Apex.
We will then get in touch with you regarding arrangements for an assessment session or pre-group meeting.
If you are not sure whether Counselling Connect services are right for you, you are welcome to get in touch by text or email to ask any questions you may have or to arrange an initial informal phone conversation.