Services are available to individuals, whether in an ongoing relationship with a partner OR separated, who:
- are expecting a baby or whose partner is expecting a baby
- have given birth or whose partner has given birth within the last 2 years
- have a child or children between 2-18yrs
- have experienced trauma as a child or young person
and who may be experiencing:
- difficulties with bonding and attachment with a new baby or infant
- perinatal mental ill health, including antenatal/postnatal depression or anxiety, birth trauma or birth related PTSD, as a mother or a father
- emotional distress that is linked to a change in life circumstances
Counselling is on an individual basis or may be available for mother & babies. Access to our group services is available for partners or spouses. We welcome referrals from ex-military service men and women and individuals who are leaving prison.
HOW TO GET AN APPOINTMENT
You can self-refer by contacting us directly here or ask to be referred by your midwife, health visitor, GP, social worker. If you are leaving prison, referrals must be made by your throughcare officer or Apex.
We will then get in touch with you regarding arrangements for an assessment session or pre-group meeting.
If you are not sure whether Counselling Connect services are right for you, you are welcome to get in touch by text or email to ask any questions you may have or to arrange an initial informal phone conversation.